1. What is the difference between Codewarrior Subscription Renewal (Annual) and Maintenance Renewal (Perpetual), more precisely between DLA-STANDARD-R and DLT-STANDARD.
2. I have a license for CodeWarrior Development Suite - Standard Edition, Perpetual Model, Floating (CW for MCU-Standard Edition 6.3 and CW Development Studio for Power Architecture v10.5.1. If I purchase DLT-Standard I can upgrade to CW for MCU 11.1 Standard FL ? I need for S12Z MCU.
3. For DLA-STANDARD-R and DLT-STANDARD it is specified: "Digital downloads can only be purchased on www.nxp.com and not through a distributor". Only the "Use Coupon" possibility is provided on the site for purchase, so practically these two products cannot be bought. DLT-STANDARD is not available from any of the major distributors approved by NXP. So how do I buy DLT-STANDARD?
Regarding your question
"Topic: Codewarrior DLT-STANDARD
Date: 10-25-2021 09:05 AM
Did it solve your problem? "
I already knew that. The problem I have exposed to you refers to stocks for DLT or CWT whatever it is called. Mouser, Digikey, Arrow, Avnet sock zero. Factory lead time 52 weeks. Really???? We are talking about software, or not even about something like that, but about a simple key. And I know you have no answer to give me because there is no solution to this problem. I have raised this situation so that you can expose it to those entitled to make decisions. Such situations that those of us who have bought an older license cannot make an update and must buy the product again should not exist.
Thank you and I think this topic can be closed. Radu
Please ignore the message of zero stock and 52 weeks lead time that you see on our distributor's website.
We do have stock for CodeWarrior products and the lead time is around 1-3 weeks. This is something that has been already informed internally and to the distributors.
You should not have issues submitting the order using part number CWT-STANDARD.
1. The Annual Subscriptions are the ones that have a duration of one year after the product is activated online. After this time, you can either purchase a new annual subscription or purchase a renewal, part number DLA-STANDARD-R or CWA-STANDARD-R, which will extend your product for another year.
When you purchase a perpetual model CodeWarrior suite, the licenses you download from that suite will be permanent licenses. A permanent license will never expire. All CodeWarrior perpetual suites are sold bundled with the first year's annual support included; subsequent years’ maintenance and support must be purchased separately, which is the Maintenance Support with part number DLT-STANDARD. There is no penalty for renewing support for a CodeWarrior suite following a period of lapsed support.
2. Yes, correct. You need to purchase the Maintenance renewal to update the expiration date and that will give you access to the CW for MCU v11.1 version.
3. Correct, the DLT-STANDARD part number is sold only through our website. Right now we are not accepting orders from the website and that is why there is no option to purchase directly. Therefore, we are recommending our customers to purchase from any of our authorized distributors. The correct part number to check with them is CWT-STANDARD.
CWT-STANDARD is the same as DLT-STANDARD, the only difference is the shipping method: CWT-STANDARD will be sent as a box in which you will find the renewal registration code in a label (please do not throw away the package until you activate the renewal). Example pictures are here https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools/licensing-and...