Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader

Jump to solution
prog_ram
Contributor III
Hello,
I want to put a serial Bootloader in my HCS12 DP512  MCU. I heard there is already a Freescale serial bootloader (LRAE).
does anybody know how to find the .s19 file so I can download it?
I read the application note AN2546, but it doesn't mention where to find the downloadable file.

I appreciate any help..

thanks.

prog-ram.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DannyM83
Contributor III
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Don't know what you plan to do with bootloader, but be aware if you plan to erase and burn flash you need a version of bootloader that "knows" your OSC frequency so it can properly set the burn clocks up.
If you find you can't erase/burn, you can patch the .s19 file or rebuild as source code is available.

OEM's customize bootloader.

if you look at page 88 in DB12RG4.pdf, they show where to patch it. I encourage you to examine this document in detail.
0 Kudos
prog_ram
Contributor III
Thanks for the response.
My plane is to have my Code downloaded into the flash.
So, I don't want to execute it from the RAM after downloading as the Code size might be larger than the RAM available.

0 Kudos
DannyM83
Contributor III
You may wish to check out AN3391 and its accompanying software. It contains a secondary bootloader which can be used in tandem with AN2546 to load an s-record into flash.

AN3391

AN3391SW
0 Kudos
prog_ram
Contributor III
Thank you.
0 Kudos
DannyM83
Contributor III
It's available

Here
0 Kudos
g5Lhku
Contributor I

Thanks!

0 Kudos
astro_goto
Contributor III

Your HCS12DP512  MCU has 512K of FLASH but with the serial bootloader you are limited to ppages $3E and $3F at a
maximum download speed of 9600 Baud. With a serial POD that connects directly to the 10-pin Universal BDM connector
on most MCU boards, you can download to the whole FLASH at up to 115200 Baud. And no need either to set the [P0, P1]
Mode Select switches. Best of all, you don't have to patch any .S19 file; just erase and download with D-BUG12.

www.technologicalarts.ca sells a BDM pod based on Freescale's D-Bug12, running in Pod Mode, that uses USB port. Other vendors undoubtedly sell a similar product.

0 Kudos