Can I program NXP Rapid IoT kit when connected to Hexiwear docking station?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I program NXP Rapid IoT kit when connected to Hexiwear docking station?

Jump to solution
vilem
Contributor III

Can I program (upload a new firmware generated by online Studio) NXP Rapid IoT kit when connected to Hexiwear docking station? How?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the same mechanism of Drag'n'droping .bin file on the IOT-DAP-LINK removable disk. Just take care t configure correctly jumpers on docking station according to which MCU you want to flash.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sure you can. Am not sure whether you want to flash the binary only or debug the code.

If your goal is just to flash the binary, it is just a drag and drop. See user guide about it, there is not much to explain.

I assume your goal is rather to modifug/debug your programs. Then:

Step 1: Create and compile your program in Rapid IoT Studio.

Step 2: Download the code from the studio.

Step3: Unzip your program on your hard drive.

Step4: Import the project (from file system in the Studio)

Step5: Compile and flash and debug...

Then you can modify the Rapid IoT generate code and execute it step by step via MCU Xpresso.

See attached doc for screenshots as a guidance.

0 Kudos
vilem
Contributor III

Hi Eric,

my question was more if there is some way how to transfer the newly built firmware (application) to NXP Rapid IoT from the online IDE (Rapid IoT Studio).

I did not find a way how pro send a new binary from online IDE to the kit when it is docked (either directly or to switch the kit still docked into a programming mode and transfer the *.bin file). Always when I want to use a new *.bin file I just built in online IDE I have to remove the kit from docking station, connect it to USB directly, switch into programming mode and upload the new bin. Then put into the dock again. I would expect there is a way how to to this without removing from the docking station but I did not find this instructions.
Thanks for the guide you shared, I will try it as I started to experiment with MCU Xpresso already.

Vilem  

0 Kudos
theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the same mechanism of Drag'n'droping .bin file on the IOT-DAP-LINK removable disk. Just take care t configure correctly jumpers on docking station according to which MCU you want to flash.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

vilem
Contributor III

Well... this looks like my issue - I do not have IOT-DAPLINK removable disk recognised by the system when docking station connected to the PC.

I reprogrammed the OpenSDA with DAP-LINK for SLN-RPK-NODE (following the instructions in the chapter 3.18. Mikroelektronika Docking-station in the user's guide) but with no success. Will try another attempt as this looks to be the core issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos