cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART Connections!

qammarabbas
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am using UART of T1042. The device i am communicating with does not have the "CTS" and "RTS" pins as in UART of T1042. What should i do with the "UARTn_CTS_B" and "UARTn_RTS_B" pins of T1042? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

UARTn_RTS_B can be left unconnected. UARTn_CTS_ should be pulled up high through a2-10 kΩ resistor to DVDD (or else programmed as GPIO and output - see RCW[UART_BASE]).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

toddreed
Contributor I

Hi Serguei,

I see in AN4261 that the recommendation is to tie CTS high through a 2-10kΩ resistor to OVdd if CTS is not used.  We did not see this note and left UART_CTS0_B floating.  Is this an issue if we disable hardware flow control when turning on the port?  Is there any potential of damage, or is it just a floating input?

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos