cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The postinstall intercept hook 'update_pixbuf_cache' failed

amitchaudhuri
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm struggling to debug a problem with the do_rootfs task for a simple image on a P1020 based machine. I'd like to cut out a bunch of post installation intercept script activity that is causing problems, but have so far been unable to. Details below:

do_rootfs fails with core-image sub-class (The postinstall intercept hook 'update_pixbuf_cache' failed (exit code: 1)!)

Using QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto from freescale.

Building a machine based on P1020RDB.

OS Opensuse 13.1

System Linux 3.11.10-29-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 5 16:24:00 UTC 2015 (338c513) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Error message:

/home2/qoriq/test-sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/bld-test/tmp/work/dlic5-fsl-linux-gnuspe/sca905-image/1.0-r0/intercept_scripts/update_pixbuf_cache: line 6: /home2/qoriq/test-sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/bld-test/tmp/work/dlic5-fsl-linux-gnuspe/sca905-image/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/../loaders.cache: No such file or directory
WARNING: The postinstall intercept hook 'update_pixbuf_cache' failed (exit code: 1)! See log for details!
NOTE: > Executing update_font_cache intercept ...

ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home2/qoriq/test-sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/bld-test/tmp/work/dlic5-fsl-linux-gnuspe/sca905-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.4987
ERROR: Task 7 (/home2/qoriq/test-sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/sources/meta-amit/recipes-amit/images/sca905-image.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

The image recipe:

inherit core-image

IMAGE_FEATURES += "tools-debug"
IMAGE_INSTALL += "gdk-pixbuf"

The failing script:

#!/bin/sh

export GDK_PIXBUF_MODULEDIR=$D${libdir}/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders
export GDK_PIXBUF_FATAL_LOADER=1

PSEUDO_UNLOAD=1 qemuwrapper -L $D -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$D/${libdir}:$D/${base_libdir}\
    $D${bindir}/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders \
    >$GDK_PIXBUF_MODULEDIR/../loaders.cache && \
    sed -i -e "s:$D::g" $GDK_PIXBUF_MODULEDIR/../loaders.cache   

If I examine the path referenced in the error message, above I can see that there is no gdk-pixbuf-2.0 directory under
user/lib in the rootfs. I've been unable to work out why this is.

/home2/qoriq/test-sdk/QorIQ-SDK-V1.9-20151210-yocto/bld-test/tmp/work/dlic5-fsl-linux-gnuspe/sca905-image/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/../loaders.cache

I've also not been able to work out how to disable running of the intercept_scripts which my image doesn't need to provide a GUI. Attempts to leave them out using BBMASK didn't prevent the error:

BBMASK = "poky/meta/recipes-gnome/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf_2.30.8.bb"
BBMASK .= "|poky/meta/recipes-gnome/librsvg/librsvg_2.40.6.bb"

Anyone had similar issues and found a resolution?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Harishkumar19
Contributor I

Hi , i am facing the issue same like this while building minimal image in yocto. Kindly help me in this regard . Below is the screenshot attached of error i faced during building

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually the following command sequence is used for SDK installing under Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04:

1. sudo apt-get install ubuntu-minimal ubuntu-standard patch vim-common sed wget subversion git-core coreutils libbonobo2-common unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk python-pysqlite2 diffstat make gcc build-essential xz-utils g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev autoconf automake groff libtool xterm libncurses5-dev cvs tofrodos

1. a) command: ls -l /bin/sh

1. b) command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

Answer after password – No

Removing 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by bash'

Removing 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by dash'

Adding 'diversion of /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1/sh.distrib.1.gz by bash'

1. c) command for checking: ls -l /bin/sh

1. mount SDK 2.0 .iso file
  2. cd <sdk-install-dir>.
  3. ./sources/meta-freescale/scripts/host-prepare.sh

Usually Linux recommends also run the following command: sudo usr/sbin/visudo

1. install SDK 2.0-1703
  2. bitbake fsl-image-minimal

Do you use the similar command sequence?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

amitchaudhuri
Contributor I

Hi Pavel, thanks for the reply. I do something similar but we use a) opensuse and b) SDK 1.9, the latter because the processor we target is not supported in 2.0. Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos