T4240 ddr initialization sequence

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4240 ddr initialization sequence

cai_tx
Contributor II

T4240 内存training 过程是什么样子的?内存是否可以进行二次training?

0 Kudos
11 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1) T4240 memory training process look like?

General sequence is shown on the slide 21 of the following presentation:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/training/doc/dwf/DWF13_Debug_QorIQ_SanJose.pdf

Detailed description of the training process is a confidential proprietary information which is not disclosed to customers.

2) Whether memory can be secondary training?

Only after asserting PORESET_B for the processor and reset for the SDRAM device(s).

cai_tx
Contributor II

仍然有个问题请教:我看到DDR valodation tool 这个可以直接得到最优的参数值,是否有这个工具的详细说明书?

我这边参考安装的问题,有一个问题,无法选择Probe type 位USB TAP,因此无法连接到板卡上面?还有我们如果直接取clk_adjust位9/16,或者5/8

去手动调节write_level的数值,得到一个优化的参数值,这样做是否可以?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please provide English wording of the request.

0 Kudos

cai_tx
Contributor II

About DDR configuration,I have two questions as follows:

1)I try to use DDR Validation tool to get optimal settings,But I can't use USBTAP to connect our board , and I can't choose Probe type to UTAP in Target connections.so I can't Start validation.

whether you privide me some files about Validation reference ?

2) if I do't use DDR Validation tool ,then I do't optimize clk_adjust settings ,and I Manual to optimize write_level setting when I set clk_adjust numerical is 5/8 or 9/16.whether the way to get optimal setting is useful?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As workaround for missing UTAP from selection, you could try with CWTAP without providing id.

Adrian

0 Kudos

cai_tx
Contributor II

I try with CWTAP without providing id .but it can't start validation,it dispaly the informations as follows:

"something wrong with target connection".

if I do't purchase DDR Valiation tool ,then I can't use the tool, yes or no ?

can I try it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use DDR Validation for 15 days after you installation. After this period you have to purchase a licence.

Adrian

0 Kudos

cai_tx
Contributor II

OK,I Known

now I have one question that I can't connect to my board,so I can't Start validation!

whether can you privide assitant ?

~FY7A`C5`MU{CSDKYD6HV`1.png

informations:

"There is something wrong with the target connection,please correct the issue to be able to run validation on the selected target"

0 Kudos

mathiasparnaude
Contributor III

I remember when I tried to use it, I had problems like that to get a connection.

I faced problems of versions of shared objects. It was highlighted running CDDE:

/opt/YourCodeWarriorPath/eclipse/Optimization/target-connection/cdde/cdde-linux/bin/cdde

Where I got that:

"error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I solved this error creating a symbolic link: /lib/libexpat.so.0 -> /lib/libexpat.so.1.5.2

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

USB TAP probe is no longer officially supported. While QCVS allows connection using USB TAP probe for some device that might not work. Instead, we strongly advise using CodeWarrior TAP probe.

Adrian

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please note that DDR Validation Tool is is a licensed software application that can only be purchased - refer to the:

CodeWarrior Networked Applications: DDRV|NXP

0 Kudos