T2080 issues connecting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080 issues connecting

matiaslirman
Contributor II

I have recently purchased a T2080RDB powerPC and am having trouble communicating with the boards OS. A serial port connection was working perfectly up until yesterday and I haev no idea why. Working on tera term, I no longer get any form of connection and no response from the board in any of the given switch configurations. I have even downloaded the linux ISO file found online for the specific board and have attempted to boot from SD card but again get no sort of communication from the board. The only reason I can think of for the sudden silence of the board is that I somehow deleted the linux and Uboot OS from the board, but that seems unlikely. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are there error messages if command sequence from the Section 4.4.18.9.4 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation is used?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The T2080RDB board supports NOR Flash, NAND Flash, SPI NOR Flash, SD Flash for booting.

This board also supports a few memory banks in NOR Flash.

NXP offers SDK 2.0-1703 Linux BSP:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/run-time-software/linux-sdk/linux-sdk-for-qoriq-proce...

See the Chapter 4.4.18 NXP SDK 2.0 1703 documentation:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

Test your board using different boot sources.

If SD card is used for booting, use recommended command sequence from the Section 4.4.16.8.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

matiaslirman
Contributor II

Pavel,

I appreciate your response. I have downloaded the appropriate Linux image ISO and then burned it onto a SD card in order to try and boot from there but still get no response from the tera term serial port. It seems as if the computer board is wiped clean and has no way of actually reading the OS system on the SD card. No matter which switch configuration I have attempted to use, the board never shows anything on the tera term terminal (all settings are correct and were previously working). I am unable to interact with the board in any way. What do you think the issue may be and is there a solution?

Thank you!

0 Kudos