cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving RS422 Data Over the USB Mini B, UART Serial Interface

Jump to solution
drs
Contributor II

I am using the TWR-P1025: QorIQ P1 MPU Tower System Module. I would like to read in an RS422 data stream, which has been converted to USB. Would it be possible to read this in on the USB Mini B, UART Serial Interface? I am expecting a data rate of 64kbytes (or 524288 baud), so will this baud rate be too high?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

From hardware point of view I don't think this should be a problem, but from software part I'm pretty sure that will be - for example, the u-boot and CodeWarrior internal libs are already compiled for 115200 baudrate support.

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I think this should work. Just select correctly the COM port (you can see the mapping in Device manager).UsbtoSerial.png

Can you tell me please how you calculated this baudrate? For example, both CodeWarrior and u-boot are using 115200 baudrate.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
drs
Contributor II

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply. I have to read in an external data stream, which has been specified by a colleague as 524388 baud (64k bytes per second). The data steam is RS422 data, which is converted to USB. The intention is to plug this in to the USB Mini B, UART Serial Interface and then read the data from the port in software on the P1025 board. The data does not have to be echoed to the terminal window, so I am hoping that the 115200 baud rate limit will not apply.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

From hardware point of view I don't think this should be a problem, but from software part I'm pretty sure that will be - for example, the u-boot and CodeWarrior internal libs are already compiled for 115200 baudrate support.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos