cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QoriQ SDK 2.0 Kernel source path problem

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

Hi.
I worked on QoriQ SDK1.8 and builded desired kernel and rootfs and toolchain. Then I tried to cross-compile and build a big program which includes some kernel modules and several applications. That program has a variable which must be filled with kernel source path which I set it with tmp/work/t1042d4rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/3.12-r0/git and everything builded without any problem.
Now I am working on QoriQ SDK2.0. I builded the desired kernel and rootfs and toolchain without problem. But I see that there are "two complementary path" in the SDK: 1)tmp/work-shared/t1042d4rdb/kernel-source 2)tmp/work/t1042d4rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/build ;and when I set the kernel souce path variable to first one, the build process encounters to errors saying some header files not found which I can find them on the second path and vice versa (setting kernel source path to second path encounters errors to missing some header files which are in first path and these header files are not identical but complementary); That's why I used the word "two complementary path". I also used 1703 release but the problem maintains. Is this a bug in SDK2.0 or am I wrong?
thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Perhaps LSDK 19.03 will be useful for your task.

This LSDK supports the T1042D4RDB and T1042D4RDB-64B.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:

This thread is continued as a private discussion with the submitter,
NXP support is not following the thread anymore.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The kernel source path in SDK 2.0 is the following:

/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_t1042d4rdb/tmp/work/t1042d4rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

0 Kudos

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

Thank you;

But as I stated, in git directory some header files in missing (such as version.h, autoconf.h, ...) and they are in build directory. However my program build process encounters errors that these header files not found. Actually these two directory (build/ and git/ ) are complementary and I want to have one unified kernel source directory with all required files (something like in SDK 1.8).

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

Please modified like this,

Please go Linux Kernel source and delete the git folder,

<SDK installation Path>/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/ build_t4240rdb-64b/ tmp/work/ t4240rdb_64b-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git

Then Copy the kernel-source folder from the following folder and rename to git

<SDK installation Path>/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527- yocto/ build_t4240rdb-64b/ tmp/work-shared/t4240rdb-64b/kernel-source

to <SDK installation Path>/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-                                       yocto/build_t4240rdb-64b/tmp/work/t4240rdb_64b-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/git

and finally compile the code.

VInothS

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

Tank you for reply

I did the above steps but the problem not solved.

when I set the kernel source variable to git directory the previous errors remains; such as can't find version.h file. This error is correct because version.h is in build directory not in git directory.

Any idea to solve this?

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

I am also working sdk 2.0 only. and follow the same steps what I provided.

Please start the fresh build. 

Provide the document which is you are currently used for build. 

VinothS

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

mohsenhaghighat
Contributor III

My document is: QorIQ SDK 2.0 Documentation Rev0

I removed every thing and start again building SDK

At first I install SDK cache and then SDK source

After that I run:

. ./fsl-setup-env -m t1042d4rdb

bitbake fsl-image-minimal

After that, this is contents of tmp/work/t1042d4rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0 directory:
    build
    defconfig
    deploy-linux-qoriq
    deploy-rpms
    git -> ....../tmp/work-shared/t1042d4rdb/kernel-source
    license-destdir
    linux-qoriq.spec
    package
    packages-split
    pkgdata
    pseudo
    sysroot-destdir
    temp

Then I do:

cd tmp/work/t1042d4rdb-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0
    rm git
    cp -a ....../tmp/work-shared/t1042d4rdb/kernel-source ./git     (note that "......" is just for better readability)
and backing to working directory and again:
    bitbake fsl-image-minimal
and it says nothing need to do.

However the necessary header files such as version.h are in build directoy and not in git directory yet and again the build process of my program encounters missing these files.

Also .config file is in build directory and not in git directory which prevent my program to access to required configuration options.

Is my work flow correct?

0 Kudos