cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QEMU KVM Setup for LS1043aRDB on Debian VM

sarayuksivanand
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am currently trying to setup QEMU with KVM for LS1043ardb on a debian VM running on my windows machine . I am using the SDK 2.0 and i have followed the steps in the document (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1 ) and have been able to complete the fsl-image-virt and have verified that the linux kernel has all the required features enabled.

I also followed the instructions in section 11.2.2.6 and was able to generate the qemu-system-aarch64 emulator image and when i try to run the same on my debian VM i get the below error.

--------------------------

"kvm" accelerator not found.

No accelerator found!

----------------------------------

How ever i was able to verify that vmx was enable in my system and also i was able to load the kvm.ko an kvm-intel.ko modules successfully.

Also i found that if i instead run the qemu-system-x86_64 , i do not see the above error.

Can you please let me know if my setup has any issues because of which i am seeing this error ?

How can i resolve this error ?

Can you please suggest in what setup the QEMU KVM for ls1043ardb will function as expected.

Thanks and Regards

Sarayu

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sarayu,

The document which you mention is used to setup QEMU on LS1043 target board.

If you want to setup QEMU on the x86 host machine, please refer to the following commands.

$./qemu-system-aarch64 -cpu cortex-a53 -nographic -m 2048 -machine type=virt -smp 1 -kernel uImage -no-reboot -append "root=/dev/ram rw console=ttyS0,115200" -serial tcp::4444,server,telnet

$ telnet 10.192.208.75 4444

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos