cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programm the kernel and ramdisk into flash

valentinmovsik
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm trying  to programm the kernel and ramdisk into flash with new img files and I need to supply to U-boot the next information :

1. <kernel_start_addr>

2. <ramdisk_start_addr>

3. <dtb_start_addr>

But I'm a little bit confuse. Where can I get the information ? From NOR Flash Memory Map Table ? Is the kernel_start_addr is equal to "Linux.uImage" ?

Thanks,

Val

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the . <kernel_start_addr>,  <ramdisk_start_addr> and  <dtb_start_addr> are available in "NOR Flash Memory Map".

These addresses are available for all board in SDK documentation. For example see the SDK 2.0 documentation:

http://www.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.zip?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Su...

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

valentinmovsik
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your response.

I've already found the correct information by myself. BTW I've had the document which you mentioned before, but the problem of this document for exmple in NOR Flash Memory Map they are talking about "Rootfs" and in the CLI command about "ramdisk_start_add". The explanation isn't clear enough.

Regards,

Val

0 Kudos