Looking at adding a Hard Drive to a T4240-RDB with a Linux driver. Anybody have a suggestion on a HD that works?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at adding a Hard Drive to a T4240-RDB with a Linux driver. Anybody have a suggestion on a HD that works?

jbelt
Contributor I

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Hard Drive to add to a T4240-RDB running Linux?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have used Seagate and Hitachi HDs and Samsung SSDs. The Linux kernel apparently is not very picky.

BR,

Heinz

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jim Belt,

I think you need to pay attention to the SerDes protocol, an appropriate SerDes option need to be chosen in RCW, for SATA to work.

This is set in SerDes PLL and Protocol Configuration (Bits 128-183) of the RCW field. Also see Table 19-7 for SerDes options in the chip reference manual.

The RCW value could be checked in U-Boot print out, and updated in U-Boot or through CodeWarrior alternatively.

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos