LS1012A-FRWY Ethernet not working at 1000Mb/s

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A-FRWY Ethernet not working at 1000Mb/s

smh
Contributor I

I have been working with the LS1012A-FRWY development board and I have been trying to connect two boards together via Ethernet. I have tried the connection using both a crossover cable and a normal cable. When the Ethernet ports are connected with a speed of 1000Mb/s, 50% of packets over the connection get dropped. When the speed is reduced to 100Mb/s, there is no packet loss.

However, when the boards are connected through an Ethernet Switch, they can successfully communicate at 1000Mb/s.

I have also tried switching between the eth0 and eth1 ports and both react the same way when connected directly to another board. They both work fine at 1000Mb/s when connecting to our LAN.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeffsteinheider
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is active development work going on to correct this issue.  It is dependent on the device on the other side of the Ethernet cable, and does not show up in many of the combinations.  Connecting the FRWY board to other LS1012A based boards does not exhibit the issue.  

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sam Hall,

This is  a known issue which has already been reported by the testing team since LSDK 18.06 release, it has not been fixed by now.

Please refer to the following addressed in LSDK 18.12 Open Issues, you refer to LSDK 18.12 user manual from Layerscape SDK | NXP .

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos