Hard-coded RCW is missing on QorIQ Configuration Project CodeWarrior (ls1021a)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard-coded RCW is missing on QorIQ Configuration Project CodeWarrior (ls1021a)

jiye
Contributor V

This is my Codewarrior

pastedImage_2.png

This is from the instruction user guide of QorIQ

pastedImage_1.png

how am I able to bring the hard-coded option to my board since my ls1021a device only has an external eMMC and nothing in it. I need to talk to the CPU via the JTAG interface.

0 Kudos
11 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hard-coded RCW option is selected using the reset configuration word (RCW) source inputs, cfg_rcw_src[0:8], which are multiplexed on {IFC_AD[8:15], IFC_CLE}. The configuration inputs has to be strapped by external resistors.

0 Kudos

w_arjun
Contributor I

Hi there,

Just trying to get right to the issue here. If we have strapping already in place, for example cfg_rcw_src[0:8] = 
0_0100_0000 for booting from SD/MMC (eSDHC) with resistors, how do we program a virgin un-programmed board using JTAG tools?

Is it possible to override the RCW strapping settings as described below?

RCW_config_file_override.png

The scenario here is when the target board arrives from the PCB supplier with the strapping already in place as shown in the attachment.

RCW_Config.PNG

Other items to note here,

1. We are using the CodeWarrior TAP (CWH-CTP-BASE-HE) with the Probe Tip CWH-CTP-CTX10-YE for flashing the LS1021A device.
  2. The clock synthesizer is strapped for 100 MHz system and DDR clocks.
  3. It is currently not possible to dynamically reassign the CFG_RCW_SRC pins.

Thank you

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Is it possible to override the RCW strapping settings as described below?

Yes.

0 Kudos

w_arjun
Contributor I

Thank you for the confirmation.

Could you please elaborate on the steps required to get access to the target board using the CodeWarrior TAP (CWH-CTP-BASE-HE)?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Additional essential component to the CodeWarrior TAP is Probe Tip CWH-CTP-CTX10-YE.

Further please read "CodeWarrior for ARMv7 Targeting Manual".

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

pastedImage_1.png

our clock synthesizer is strapped for 100 MHz so we have to use 0x9A right instead of 0x9B?

If so should I change "\CW_ARMv7_v2019.01\CW_ARMv7\ARMv7\ARM_Support\Configuration_Files\jtag_chains\LS102xATWR_RCW_1000-300-1600.txt  to .bin format then load into CW and then change the settings in it and then regenerate it as .bin file and use it as debug RCW hard-coded file ?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Correct.

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

i dont see anywhere lets me to choose cfg_rcw_src [0:8] in the CW

pastedImage_12.png

where can I change the cfg_rcw_src to 0x9a

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

I can't import the .bin (converted from LS102xATWR_RCW_1000-300-1600.txt to LS102xATWR_RCW_1000-300-1600.bin)

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please read - CodeWarrior for ARMv7 Targeting Manual, 8.4 Setting up a remote system to use a JTAG configuration file. In the step 13 select modified (having 0x9A) JTAG initialization file.

0 Kudos

jiye
Contributor V

all of them have 0x9b can I manually modify only

pastedImage_1.png

to (0 0x9a) ? without changing other values?

0 Kudos