ESBC U-Boot Source code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESBC U-Boot Source code

pratik_vadher
Contributor II

I've been trying to boot T1024RDB, and I've been able to successfully boot the board using the instructions provided in the application note "Setting up Secure Boot on PBL Based Platforms in Prototype Stage". However, I want to know exactly where I can find ESBC U-Boot source code, so as to port the code to my own U-Boot and run bare metal app on the board.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It looks like that this problem cannot be solved in public community.

Create please technical case for this problem.

See the following page:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/381898 

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:

This thread is continued as a private discussion with the submitter,
NXP support is not following the thread anymore.

0 Kudos

pratik_vadher
Contributor II

Hi Pavel, 

Thanks for the quick reply. I found the source code. Basically, the ESBC code is part of the U-Boot. I want to decouple the ESBC code and port the functionality of ESBC to my own Boot Code. Upon exploring I did find fsl_validate.c which contains functions for validation. For example, I want ESBC code without U-Boot, which validates a simple .bin file, say "Hello World"

0 Kudos

pratik_vadher
Contributor II

Hi Pavel, 

It's been nearly two weeks since I've posted my doubt. A prompt reply would be appreciated. Nowhere in your SDKs/ TRMs is the proper flow of U-Boot mentioned which would at-least help in adapting the code for esbc part. Could you please or anyone else from NXP look into this matter?

Sincerely, 

Pratik

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers SDK 2.0-1703 Linux BSP for the T1024:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/linux-software-and-development-too...

This SDK supports secure boot for the T1023. See the Section 10.3 of SDK 2.0-1703 documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

See also FAQ in this documentation. Find the "How do I install source code, modify source code and rebuild u-boot/kernel?" in this FAQ.

Below is path to u-boot source code for the 1040. Use similar path to the T1024 u-boot source code in this SDK.

/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_t1040d4rdb/tmp/work/t1040d4rdb-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2016.09+fslgit-r0/git

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos