cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b4860qds interface speed mismatch

victorgomez
Contributor II

Hi All,

We are testing performance in our b4860qds board, and noticed that the switch is telling us that the J16 ethernet interface is 1000Mbps, whereas the specs states that it is 100Mbps. Do you know why is this?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The B4860QDS J16 provides connection to CodeWarrior TAP of the B4860QDS board. This CodeWarrior TAP based on iMX25 Freescale controller. This controller support 1000Mbps Ethernet.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

victorgomez
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the reply. I have here with me the Quick Start Guide from freescale for the b4860qds board, and it says this:

J16 (eCWTAP), ETH Connector, RJ-45 - For ecWTAP 100M ETH.

As you see, it says 100M, not 1000. Is this correct or not?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry.

The i.MX25 supports only 10Mbps and 100Mbps Ethernet.

It cannot support 1000Mbps.

Your switch provides incorrect information about connection via J16.

Have a great day,
Pavel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos