What tool do I kneed for Component Development?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tool do I kneed for Component Development?

Jump to solution
DaveTonyCook
Contributor IV

Hello,

If I have Processor Expert Driver Suite 10.4  (PE_DS) do I still need to download the Component Development Environment (CDE) if I want to develop components for PE? or is this available in PE driver suite 10.4?

I notice that in PE_DS 10.4 that the <file->new->embedded component> feature is available is this the same as what you get with CDE?

Also is there any plan to updated the documentation that comes with the download as all the examples refer to an earlier version?  the GUI and content is different in some cases which leads to confusion.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Processor Expert Driver Suite 10.4 comes with CDE included, so you have everyting in 10.4. It comes with a 'community edition' license which allows you to develop components and to distribute them, but not to sell them.

And yes, the File > New > Embedded component will create a new component for you.

If you are looking for some existing (open source) components, you might have a look here: Processor Expert Component *.PEupd Files on GitHub | MCU on Eclipse

The source files are on that GitHub repository too.

For creating a component with CDE here is a tutorial I have created a while ago: Tutorial: Creating a Processor Expert Component for an Accelerometer | MCU on Eclipse

Regards,

Erich

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Processor Expert Driver Suite 10.4 comes with CDE included, so you have everyting in 10.4. It comes with a 'community edition' license which allows you to develop components and to distribute them, but not to sell them.

And yes, the File > New > Embedded component will create a new component for you.

If you are looking for some existing (open source) components, you might have a look here: Processor Expert Component *.PEupd Files on GitHub | MCU on Eclipse

The source files are on that GitHub repository too.

For creating a component with CDE here is a tutorial I have created a while ago: Tutorial: Creating a Processor Expert Component for an Accelerometer | MCU on Eclipse

Regards,

Erich