Processor Expert component development/installation issue on older CodeWarrior.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert component development/installation issue on older CodeWarrior.

tyamadajp
Contributor I

Hi.

I'm now diving into the world of PEx/CDE, and having trouble using my component with older CW (CW for HCS12 v5.1, with PEx v3.02).

The problem is that it takes nearly 30minutes to install even a small (~20KB) PEupd file. It kind of works after that, but is simply a pain to use. Strange part is that the same PEupd file installs instantly and works fine on CW v10.5.

This only happens with the component I packaged, and does not happen with other PEupd files. For example, following installs and works just fine:

To troubleshoot this, I grabbed above S19 PEupd, imported into CDE on v10.5, and simply re-exported it. It doesn't work (works with v10.5, but painfully slow on v5.1).

Now, I re-imported above "painfully slow, re-packaged S19 PEupd" into CDE on v5.1 (this v5.1 is an eval edition, so CDE is enabled), and again did a re-re-export. Surprisingly, now it installs instantly and works fine on both v10.5 and v5.1 CW.

Whenever this "slow installation" issue occurs, PEx keeps showing a dialog with a progress meter saying "Gathering data about component".

After some investigations, I found that

• For those that have this installation issue, they seem to go into "System" PEx folder (C:\Program Files\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\ProcessorExpert).
  • For others that install instantly, they go into "User" PXe folder (C:\ProgramData\Processor Expert\CW12_PE3_02).

My guess is installation to "System" PEx folder causes whole rebuild of component database, which takes time.

Is there any configuration I need to do to control this behavior?

I know CW v5.1 is outdated, but I'm still using HCS12 and I'm also wondering what I'm missing with my PEupd file, as other PEupd files installs just fine.

Best Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

unfortunatelly, the component packages created by the CDE contain the settings that make the package very slow in CW classic fro HCS12 V5.1.

If you create the components in classic CodeWarrior, pleause use the Component Wizard tool delivered with the CodeWarrior classic, which should work properly there.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos