Processor Expert code generation - enabling auto-selection of "Do not update"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert code generation - enabling auto-selection of "Do not update"?

dave408
Senior Contributor II

I wanted to add a fix to std_prv.h in KSDK 1.2.0.  The problem is that when I run the Processor Expert code generation under KDS 3.0, I get a dialog that looks like this:

pastedImage_0.png

By default, the Action is "Update", but I would prefer "Do not update".  This dialog is particularly problematic for me because I have a build server that builds via batch files.  Any time it has to do code generation in a project where the KSDK was changed, it appears to hang.  I believe it's this dialog that pops up in KDS that essentially causes the command line to freeze up because it's waiting for user input.  I don't see anything about this in the Processor Expert user manual.  I also don't see anything useful in the Eclipse command line args documentation.

Is there a way to provide command line args to select "Do not update" automatically?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The update dialog appears when you have modified the original source code file in the KSDK_1.2.0 installation folder, i.e. when a newer version of the same file appears in the KSDK 1.2.0 repository.

Where you have fixed the std_prv.h? In the KSDK 1.2.0 repository or in your project folder? If you modify the std_prv.h in your KSDK 1.2.0 repository and process the update of the file in your project (during generating process by Processor Expert) the dialog will not appear in future. Then you can also modify the std_prv.h file in the project and Processor Expert will not offer the update of the file.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Marek, currently all of my projects run "standalone", which I interpreted to mean that a copy of the KSDK will be copied into my project folder and used for builds.  It's this local copy that I had modified.  So if I understand what you're saying, this dialog appears because the installed KSDK does not match the local copy, and therefore I need to make the change to the KSDK folder as well.

If this is correct, this will work fine because the intent was to eventually change the projects to use a linked folder anyway (back to the KSDK installation folder).  However, I had originally experienced a ton of problems with linked folders in KDS, so early on I abandoned that direction in favor of one that worked more reliably.

0 Kudos