cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert Package

Jump to solution
Geek19
Contributor III

I was wondering if Processor Expert(any version of it) works with the Professional Code Warrior 2.7 that runs on Windows 7?

If that is the case please let me know where to down load that.

Thanks;

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I dont know what exactly you meant by:

"I was wondering if Processor Expert(any version of it) works with the Professional Code Warrior 2.7 that runs on Windows 7?"

Processor Expert for MCP55xx is a legacy product. It officially runs on Windows 98SE/2000/XP and last supported version of CodeWarrior is CW V2.2.1.

However, I have just downloaded the PE V1.06 for MPC and I tried to run it on WIN 7 32-bit and it seems to be working.

I was abble to create a project and generated code for several component sucsecfully under WIN7 . I was also able to interconnect PE for compilation purposes with CW V2.1.1 and CW V2.9 (unfortunateely I didn´t found CW V2.7 on fsl web and I don´t have it).

So I think you can use PE under WIN 7 for generation and compilation, but without any warranty.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

could you please specify what platform are you targeting? Power pc?Coldfire V2-V4?

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
Geek19
Contributor III

My targeted board is MPC5566evb. Please let me now where to get that software package to test?

Thanks;

Geek19

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I dont know what exactly you meant by:

"I was wondering if Processor Expert(any version of it) works with the Professional Code Warrior 2.7 that runs on Windows 7?"

Processor Expert for MCP55xx is a legacy product. It officially runs on Windows 98SE/2000/XP and last supported version of CodeWarrior is CW V2.2.1.

However, I have just downloaded the PE V1.06 for MPC and I tried to run it on WIN 7 32-bit and it seems to be working.

I was abble to create a project and generated code for several component sucsecfully under WIN7 . I was also able to interconnect PE for compilation purposes with CW V2.1.1 and CW V2.9 (unfortunateely I didn´t found CW V2.7 on fsl web and I don´t have it).

So I think you can use PE under WIN 7 for generation and compilation, but without any warranty.

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos