PEx javascript error in some components using KSDK1.3.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEx javascript error in some components using KSDK1.3.0

leeshaver
Contributor III

I have created a fresh KDS 3.0.0 project referencing KSDK 1.3.0. I added the fsl_adc16 component to the otherwise empty project without apparent error. When I click generate code I get the following error message:

pastedImage_0.png

I then have the following "Error" message in the Problems view:

pastedImage_1.png

Copy of the above image attached as it would not fit nicely.

This also occurs with some other components, which display similar or identical error messages. Other components complete generation without error. All relate to javascript errors. javaversion.png

Any thoughts on where the problem might lie?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am sorry I am not able to reproduce the problem. Could you provide details about the installation (full version of Processor Expert, KDS) and description of steps how to reproduce the error, please?

You can also try to install updates from the update site http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS (by using Help > Install New Software command). There is Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.1 available.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

leeshaver
Contributor III

pastedImage_0.png

All available updates have been installed.

Using KDS 3.0.0.

Help -> About -> Installation Details:

pastedImage_1.png

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create new Kinetis Project (PEx, full path to KSDK 1.3 (and confirmed project settings reference 1.3, kv31f128 target)

2) Add one of a number of components to the project (fsl_adc16 used above)

3) Press "Generate Code"

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have the same version of KDS, PEx for Kinetis and KSDK 1.3.0 Eclipse Update installed but I am not able to reproduce the error. I have tried to reproduce the error on a test machine but the result is the same. When I create a new Kinetis project for kv31f128 (with KSDK 1.3.0 and Processor Expert), add fsl_adc16 component and generate code by Processor Expert then any error (exception) is reported.

What version of windows you have? Do you use Windows 7 32 or 64 bits?

It seems that you have your KDS installation damaged. Please, install KDS 3.0.0 and updates by the following way:

1. Install KDS 3.0.0

2. Install Kinetis SDK 1.3.0 Mainline release

2. Install Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.1 by using Freescale KDS Update Site - http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS (command Help > Install New Software).

3. Install the KSDK 1.3.0 Eclipse Update from KSDK_1.3.0\tools\eclipse_update\KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip package.

I hope it resolve your problem.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos