NEW Processor Expert Launched with Codewarrior 10.1 (with integrated peripheral driver library)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Processor Expert Launched with Codewarrior 10.1 (with integrated peripheral driver library)

JWW
Contributor V

All:

Another ease of use tool.

With the release of CodeWarrior 10.1 we have launched the first editon of our new peripheral driver and software componet manager.  Processor expert can manage all aspects of your device init, pin-muxing with full interface checking on the fly, and that feeds our peripheral driver library (software component ability).  This component strategy lets you build customer drivers that match your needs, and let's you build collections of components into more sophisticated drivers. 

Take a look and let us know.  We are excited about these new tools and we will have as steady drum beat of updates coming over the next serveral months!

Today Processor Expert is available for FREE in Codewarrior Special Edition.  This new edition works with MQX 3.7 and includes an MQX adapter component that takes any of the _LDD drivers in PE and makes them MQX aware.  So those of you looking for extensive driver capability in MQX, should take a look at the new tool.

Those of you that want to read about the new drivers, before installing any new tools, can do all your research in our new InfoCenter available here:

http://www.freescale.com/infocenter/Codewarrior/index.jsp

I've attached a picture below showing how to navigate the "tree" to get to the "logical device drivers" referenced by "block name"_LDD.  So any _LDD is new driver in PE.  Each of the drivers has methods, events, etc that control how the driver behaves.  Example code and API use is all clearly shown in the infocenter pages.

Download CW 10.1 Here:

CodeWarrior 10.1 Product Page

Enjoy!

-JWW

0 Kudos
4 Replies

niroc
Contributor II

I'm having no success using the Processor Expert enabled BSP in MQX 3.7 with any of the USB demos that ship with MQX. Do you have a solid example of a project that uses both LDDs and USB (i.e. CDC Class)? The idea is to develop USB modules that use both the MQX "Complex Drivers" and one or more Processor Expert Logical Device Drivers.

Take a look at one of the following forum posts detailing my issue:

https://community.freescale.com/message/89074#89074

https://community.freescale.com/message/89072#89072

0 Kudos

rmh_comcast
Contributor I

I'm using CW 10.1 but when I try to open Proceesor Expert I get a message "License for BeanWizard not found. Exiting".

0 Kudos

jimtrudeau
Senior Contributor I

Are you using a Special Edition tool? I don't believe the bean wizard is included in the free tools. If you are using a Special Edition tool, then if you just want to try out the bean wizard, I'd recommend downloading an evaluation version. This is a full featured demo good for 30 days (renewable for up to 90 days).

0 Kudos

jimtrudeau
Senior Contributor I

ANd, now that I read a bit more carefully... are you saying you can't run Processor Expert at all? THAT is not supposed to happen. The Bean Wizard doesn't work in the Special Edition tools, but the rest of the tool is supposed to be functional. Let me know, I'll dig into that if you have a problem.

0 Kudos