LIN Bridge application on S12ZVLA128

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Bridge application on S12ZVLA128

bigtwisty
Contributor I

The S12ZVLA128 has 2 LIN buses.  I am using SCI0 to drive the LIN Hardware Layer pin as a slave and SCI1 driving a LIN transceiver for the master bus.  I have timer 0 chan 2 and SCI0 set up as software controlled interrupts in Processor Expert named correctly from what I found in the LIN driver code, and I had to perform VERY minor surgery to lin_isr.c to get it to play nicely with the ISR() formatting in Processor Expert.  I also told PE that SCI0 and SCI1 will be manually configured.

When I run as a slave only everything works exactly as expected.  As soon as I add a master bus and add the interrupt for SCI1 to PE it still compiles but the slave bus no longer recognizes incoming messages.  I've placed a break point directly in the ISR routine and it is no longer breaking there.

There are no demos running both master and slave buses on the same micro.  Has anyone run in to this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

bigtwisty
Contributor I

Answer:

As long as there is only a single slave bus set up in the NPF file, the NXP LIN stack automatically configures the PHY register.  As soon as I add a master bus to the other SCI port the stack stops configuring the PHY register for some odd reason.  It does not even enable the PHY at all.  You must manually set the LP0CR register values.

0 Kudos