Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis PE Freemaster

Jump to solution
georgiad
Contributor III

Hi

is it possible to use in TWR60N512, freemaster with Processor expert?

I tried to include the file freemaster.h in Processorexpert.c but it is

not possible although all paths are ok. Any solution?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

there is FreeMaster component in Processor Expert, but it is not currently supported for Kinetis family and as far as I know that

currently there is no plan to support it in near future.

However there could be possilbe to convert existing CW free-master project to PE project, but you would need to resolve issues with prm (lcf) file, start-up code and interrupts.

For now if you´d like, you can check the attached solution for HCS12 family, we are going to prepare such project for Kinetis family but it may take some time.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimtrudeau
Senior Contributor I

Check out the product page for Freemaster at http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER. Kinetis is not listed as a supported platform for the Freemaster tool.

I'm all ears, do I hear a drumbeat of interest in real-time monitoring on the Kinetis platform? And the need to configure the FreeMaster tool using PE?

georgiad
Contributor III

Hi Jim

Kinetis family is actually supported by freemaster in CW10.1.

My question is if PE supports freemaster for kinetis.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

there is FreeMaster component in Processor Expert, but it is not currently supported for Kinetis family and as far as I know that

currently there is no plan to support it in near future.

However there could be possilbe to convert existing CW free-master project to PE project, but you would need to resolve issues with prm (lcf) file, start-up code and interrupts.

For now if you´d like, you can check the attached solution for HCS12 family, we are going to prepare such project for Kinetis family but it may take some time.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
jdjenzano
Contributor I

Vojtech Filip

Saw this thread about the TWR-K60N512: Kinetis K60 Tower System Module and FreeMaster - Now the  link mentioned above (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FREEMASTER.) shows many of the Kinetis family supported – We are using the TWR-K70F120M – Since the other ARM processor are supported is there a reason why the K70 is not on the list?

0 Kudos