Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis KE - IntEPROM Periferal Not available

Zubi
Contributor I

Hi all,

i´m using CW 10.6 with PE Core 1.4.1.

The core selected is a KE02Z16 with 256 bytes internal EEPROM.

When i try to use the component MEMORY -> On-chip EEPROM, i can´t do it.

Why? Is this a bug, o simply the component for the KE family has not yet  been released? By when?

How could i "workarround" this?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Raul,
The EEPROM of MKE02Z16 is supported by  the FLASH_LDD component. You can see an example of settings on the screenshot below. For more details see the help of FLASH_LDD component.

EEPROM MKE02Z16 and FLASH_LDD.png

Best Regards,
Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

roreith
Contributor I

The problem I am having is that there is code like Cmd_SetFlexRAMFunction_Init() in FTFL_PDD.h, but I can't find any way to enable or use it from either of the (KDS) Processor Expert IntFLASH or FLASH_LDD components. Those two components don't seem to do any FlexRAM setup either, although I have successfully set up the FlexNVM partitioning in the CPU component, and Component Inspector shows those partitioning values for the FLASH_LDD component.

So to sum up, I can't find any support for configuring and using FlexRAM; it seems as if the FlexRAM support is there "under the hood", but it's not available through the components. I can probably figure out how to hack it, but I'd prefer to use PE-generated code :-)

I'm developing for a Kinetis K10 -- MK10DX128VLF5.

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Raúl,

Apparently the IntEEPROM component is not supporting Kinetis E yet.

A possible workaround for you is to create the project for a S08P MCU, add the IntEEPROM component and generate the code. Then you can port the generated code to your Kinetis E project.

Kinetis E and S08P have a lot of peripherals in common, as stated in this AN:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4757.pdf

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos