cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis, CW 10.1 (eclipse) Bean Wizard License error

Jump to solution
kdz
Contributor I

I solved the general licensing error by adding the line   FLEXLM_BATCH= -add 1 to the end of cwide_env file.

Now, I get the following error when I try to invoke Processor Expert (see link below).

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2410/beanwizard.jpg

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

We are sorry for the confusion.

Processor Expert is designed for application development of embedded application.
Component Wizard is a tool for creation of Embedded Components for Processor Expert, you need it unless you’d like to develop your own components.

You can find more details in the online help accessible using Help > Help Contents > CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V10.x > Processor Expert Manuals.

For the next upcoming CodeWarrior version, we have improved the documentation by adding the tutorials and examples that will also be available directly from the introduction screen. We are also improving the ProcessorExpert user interface to be more intuitive. In the next version, the Component wizard will be replaced by brand new tool called  Component Development Environment (CDE).

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

could you please specify what license do you have purchased? The Component Wizard (formerly called Bean Wizard) is available only with "Professional suite" license. For more details about FSL licensing policy please see this link:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-SUITE-PROFESSIONAL&tid=CWH

best regards
Vojtech Filip

kdz
Contributor I

I have the CW 10.1 Special Edition which I found does NOT have the Component Wizard,

The Special Edition does have access to Processor Expert, just not the Component Wizard part of it. This is a very confusing aspect. 

If you don't have access to something, it should be GRAYED OUT and or have a message that a Professional license (purchase) is required for this feature.....It then should direct you to documentation on how to use Processor Expert with the edition you have.

All I knew when I initially installed CW 10.1 SE is that the Quick Reference guide told me that PE was available .  After installation, I clicked on Processor Expert, then component wizard and got the Bean Wizard error.  After that, I assumed Processor Expert, in entirety, was not available......It took me several days to eventually find out that I had to ACCESS PE through the File menu instead of the Processor Expert menu (wow! now that's intuitive).  Additionally, PE is a "perspective" is it not?  Shouldn't there be a perspective icon for it just like the C/C++ perspective icon?  

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

We are sorry for the confusion.

Processor Expert is designed for application development of embedded application.
Component Wizard is a tool for creation of Embedded Components for Processor Expert, you need it unless you’d like to develop your own components.

You can find more details in the online help accessible using Help > Help Contents > CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V10.x > Processor Expert Manuals.

For the next upcoming CodeWarrior version, we have improved the documentation by adding the tutorials and examples that will also be available directly from the introduction screen. We are also improving the ProcessorExpert user interface to be more intuitive. In the next version, the Component wizard will be replaced by brand new tool called  Component Development Environment (CDE).

best regards
Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos