KEA128 and LIN Stack Can not communicate?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contributor I

Question 1:

I downloaded the

FSL_LIN_2.X_STACK\Examples\Kinetis\KEA128\KEA128_LIN_slave program to the KEA128MLH4 (64pin) board. My KEA128 is a slave. I use Vector VN1630 as the LIN host. But I did not see the response signal of KEA128 on the lin bus. The oscilloscope detects UART0 RX, the signal is a LIN format signal, and the oscilloscope observes UART0 TX signal, and the signal is a square wave signal with a 50 ms interval.

VN1630 observation LIN data

VN1630 IG sends data

To sum up, I used to test on the TRK-KEA128 board. The wiring is followed by TRK-KEA128 J14-1  GND, J14-2 floating, J14-3 connecting 5V, and J14-4 connecting to the VN1630 LIN line. I have also observed similar results on the oscilloscope

. Question 2:

Aside from the problem mentioned above, I used Codewarrior 10.7 to generate code using ProcessorExpert. I found that I had to configure the UART0_Init and FTM1 modules, otherwise the code would enter the PE_Unhandler exception interrupt. I want to know the precautions for porting demo code to my own code, especially interrupting that piece.Note, especially the interruption of the piece. In addition, due to the project reasons, after I finally realized the communication, I had to change the timing of the FTM module to the PIT module. Can it be achieved? My three-module FTM module has been used up.I look forward to your reply, I have been stuck for more than a month.

Best Regards

Mark Zhao

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Contributor I

Dear Expert,

Today, I test the state UART0

UART0_S2 rigister changes the value between 0x46 and 0x06.

UART0_S1 rigister = 0xC0

Whether the state is normal?

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Zhao Hao,

Did you check the reference manual that comes with this LIN example package? In the path: C:/nxp/FSL_LIN_2.x_STACK_Package_4.5.9/Documentation/LIN_User_Manual.pdf

In the chapter 4 it says how you need to set up this library to let it work step by step. Due to the errors from the UART status I think one of the steps of this chapter is missing.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Dear Expert,

I make sure all the steps doing according to the datasheet "LIN_User_Manual.pdf",So I have to verify the demo

C:/nxp/FSL_LIN_2.x_STACK_Package_4.5.9/Kinetis/KEA128/KEA128_LIN_slave,I have not modified the demo code ,howerver, still can not communicate.

VN1630 sends data every cycle 50ms and one time updata the header,all the method was tested by me.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Zhao,

Can you try using both the Master and Slave connected between them?

Also could you check the following post:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/453530

It contains a validation code that could be useful.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos