cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing CAN_LDD Properties Run-Time

Jump to solution
Vagni
Contributor IV

I am developing my application on Kinetis K60 with CodeWarrior 10.2 with ProcessorExpert 5.3 and MQX 3.7.

I used ProcessorExpert to make my custom BSP device drivers.

My application has to communicate on a CAN bus, so I use the CAN_LDD embedded component.

Now my application needs to set the CAN bus bit-rate  upon its configuration changes, that can occur run-time.

In the Serial_LDD component for driving the UART I find some methods to change run-time baud-rate, data-width, parity, etc.

But in the CAN_LDD component I find no methods like those to change the CAN bus bit-rate.

How can I change run-time the CAN_LDD properties like bit-rate?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

Unfortunatelly, this is a limitation of the CANs component  that the speed cannot be changed at runtime. The only workaround is to add user code that modifies content of the registers influencing the speed.

I will pass this to the development to consider the component extension for the future versions. 

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

Unfortunatelly, this is a limitation of the CANs component  that the speed cannot be changed at runtime. The only workaround is to add user code that modifies content of the registers influencing the speed.

I will pass this to the development to consider the component extension for the future versions. 

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos