Cannot configure timing for components; window is blank.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot configure timing for components; window is blank.

Jump to solution
NickT_
Contributor I

In CW 10.2, when trying to add PE components that have any sort of timing component associated with them, they give me errors saying they need the time/frequency specified ("ERROR: Unassigned timing") but I don't see how.  If I click on the line item, the right-side window which normally has options is totally blank:

It's the same with a timer (e.g. FreeCntr16); same mouseover message (as above) and right-side blank (again, as above).

The timing settings on the CPU are all defaults; perusing through them offers no idea for a solution to this problem.  I thought this might be some sort of temporary thing that happens before code generation, but the errors prevent it from even trying.  Am I overlooking something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NickT_
Contributor I

Ah, I got it.  You need to click the little bar graph icon near Basic, Advanced, Expert to use the non-"Graphical Mode".  The Component Inspector then uses a tabular view where you can modify the value if you mouseover that field and click the "..." button.

This is terribly confusing and, in my opinion, a bug in the IDE.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NickT_
Contributor I

Ah, I got it.  You need to click the little bar graph icon near Basic, Advanced, Expert to use the non-"Graphical Mode".  The Component Inspector then uses a tabular view where you can modify the value if you mouseover that field and click the "..." button.

This is terribly confusing and, in my opinion, a bug in the IDE.

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

sorry for inconvenience, however fix of this behvaiour should be available in the Cw V10.3. See attachment for details.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos