Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Example with PT2001

Jump to solution
danielcorrea
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I am using the S32K144 to operate the FRDMPT2001EVM board. After putting to work the example provided by NXP in their IDE (S32 for ARM); I have still several questions:

How could I modify the output for the Injectors and the Fuel Pump?

I have tried substituting the files generated by PT2001 Studio (*.c,*.h) in the respective folders (src,include) but that doesn't work either. I have several errors and warnings.

Is the new version of PT2001 Studio compatible with the example?

Is there an easy way to modify the parameters of the injector profiles directly in the IDE (S32 for ARM)

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel,

You can modify the output of the injectors and the fuel pump modifying parameters of an existing PT2001 IDE project, or by creating a new project. If you create a new project and check the “Generate New Source Files” check box, a dialog box will be displayed that allows you to set the injection pulse and DC to DC converter parameters (see below).

image001.png

image002.png

After you build the PT2001 IDE project and generate the source code files, only copy the PT2001_LoadData.c and PT2001_LoadData.h files into the S32 Design Studio project. The build should work fine. The PT2001.c and .h files generated be the PT2001 IDE are similar to what is in the S32DS example, but the includes are more generic and not specific to the S32K144. That is why you are getting build errors. It is not necessary to copy any of the other files generated by the PT2001 IDE to the example S32DS project.

You cannot modify the injector parameters directly in S32DS for ARM. The PT2001 binary code is in the PT2001_LoadData.c file. It is encrypted and placed in an array format. The PT2001 expects to receive encrypted code which is what is generated by the assembler that is part of the PT2001 IDE. If you want to change the injector parameters, you have to make the changes using the PT2001 IDE, build the code, generate the load data files, and copy the PT2001_LoadData.c and PT2001_LoadData.h files into the S32 Design Studio project.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel,

You can modify the output of the injectors and the fuel pump modifying parameters of an existing PT2001 IDE project, or by creating a new project. If you create a new project and check the “Generate New Source Files” check box, a dialog box will be displayed that allows you to set the injection pulse and DC to DC converter parameters (see below).

image001.png

image002.png

After you build the PT2001 IDE project and generate the source code files, only copy the PT2001_LoadData.c and PT2001_LoadData.h files into the S32 Design Studio project. The build should work fine. The PT2001.c and .h files generated be the PT2001 IDE are similar to what is in the S32DS example, but the includes are more generic and not specific to the S32K144. That is why you are getting build errors. It is not necessary to copy any of the other files generated by the PT2001 IDE to the example S32DS project.

You cannot modify the injector parameters directly in S32DS for ARM. The PT2001 binary code is in the PT2001_LoadData.c file. It is encrypted and placed in an array format. The PT2001 expects to receive encrypted code which is what is generated by the assembler that is part of the PT2001 IDE. If you want to change the injector parameters, you have to make the changes using the PT2001 IDE, build the code, generate the load data files, and copy the PT2001_LoadData.c and PT2001_LoadData.h files into the S32 Design Studio project.

Best regards,

Tomas

danielcorrea
Contributor II

Hello Tomas,

Thanks for your answer, it helped me a lot.

Do you know some additional resources for the PT2001? I would like to operate the injectors and the fuel pump independently from each other, and with different current/voltage profile.

Thanks.