PT2000 Dev brd stops working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PT2000 Dev brd stops working

frevoredo
Contributor I

I'm using the PT2000 programmable Solenoid Controller Gate Driver eval board with a 24V battery supply. I've upgraded the devices n the board to handle 24V system.  It works for a couple of minutes and then suddenly stops communicating. I have an external VCCP and the VCCP_EXT_EN register set to 1 as explained in the datasheet. After a couple of configuration attempts the chip stops responding to SPI commands and does not recover.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong??

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

frevoredo
Contributor I

Further investigations shows the STARTx input is shorted to ground. I suspect this is caused when power is removed from the board with the START signal still present or when the START signal is present before power to the PT2000. At the moment the START signal is generated by another unit and is feed into the PT2000. I have to make sure the PT2000 is powered up first and down last.

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Frank,

You should get a direct answer from my colleague Pierre. If not, please let me know and I will follow up.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Frank,

I am asking our device group to comment on this and will update this thread when I get their feedback.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos