cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eMMC5.0 compatibility with MPC8308 processor

venkateshn
Contributor II

Hi,

i am using MPC8308 processor and it will support Multi Media Card System Specification, Version 4.0 and now i interfaced eMMC 5.0 chip having part number KLM8G1GESD-B03P007 from SAMSUNG so kindly let me know the compatibility of the eMMC chip with MMC protocol and in the eMMC datasheet it mentioned like it is Full backward compatibility with previous MultiMediaCard system specification (1bit data bus, multi-eMMC systems) and find the attached datasheet for more details.

Regards,

venkatesh N

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello VENKI N,

As you know MPC8308 supports MMC v4.0 and that's all FSL guarantees to support. If you are using v5.0 mmc card on MPC8308, I am afraid you need to try it on your own. Since it is over MPC8308 specification and no internal research on this compatibility topic is found, there's no comments we can provide now.

However you can still raise technical support to FSL supporting engineers when you have any problems on using v5.0 mmc card on MPC8308.  But as MPC8308 is a legacy product, support is very limited. Thanks for understanding.

Have a great day,

Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos