cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for UART (Asynchronous) and SDLC (Synchronous) in LS1021

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Hi,

We were working on LS1021 ATWR. We needs Serial Ports 3 and 8 to support both synchronous and asynchronous. Did qe driver supports both? I needs UART protocol for asynchronous mode and SDLC protocol for synchronous mode. what drivers I needs to enable to support both protocols in the same port?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Hi Pavel,

Now both HDLC and UART send and receiving when software loopback is enabled. But it was working when both are assigned to different ports ucc1 and ucc3.

We wants to both HDLC and UART in same port. When I tried to modify dts for that, UART is not getting binded. ucc_uart probe is not getting called. How to enable both the protocols in the same port? I can work on switching between two protocols with the help of QEIWRM. But, I don't know how to enable both the protocols.

0 Kudos

Jennie
Contributor I

Should I do SysArch & Info Internetworks or SysArch & Intelligence? I'm not really sure about intelligence but I also know AI and deep learning are big on the job industry right now so it would probably be best to finish college with knowledge on those subjects. Could someone explain a bit on each thread?

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP Linux BSP does not support UCC UART for the LS1021a.

This BSP supports HDLC or TDM for the LS1021a.

0 Kudos

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Hi Pavel,

HDLC is throwing some kernel panic when I tested. I have posted log in this link

https://community.nxp.com/t5/PowerQUICC-Processors/LS1021-ucc-uart-giving-kernel-panic/m-p/1175102/h...

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your log from community shows that HDLC is correctly works.

There is a problem for using HDLC and UART on the same port.

Is there problem for using HDLC and UCC UART on different ports?

0 Kudos

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Hi Pavel,

Can you tell me what is the issue in using UART and HDLC in same port? Also How to enable them for different ports? I am using default kernel and dts from NXP. I enabled UART and HDLC related things in menuconfig alone.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The main problem for using UART and HDLC in same port is reconfiguration between UART and HDLC.

The LS1021a UCC requires different configuration for UART and HDLC. Software should stop one protocol and set initialization for different protocol.

It looks like problem concerns of this software.

0 Kudos

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your info. We will modify the software to enable switching between 2 protocols. Before that, I wants to test them individually. That's why I enabled both. I have 2 questions

1. Hope you saw my log. In that my concern is why HDLC Tx packet count not incrementing even after transmitting?

2. Now I have disabled HDLC in build, still UART is not transmitting after 1st instance. Do UCC-UART transmits only when it receives some sort of acknowledgement? 

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
  1. It looks like that your log does not shows value of HDLC Tx packet counter.

Do you use the Section 7.2.23 from LSDK 2004 User Guide?

1. There is QE ucode image from yipingwang in your post in NXP Community:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/PowerQUICC-Processors/LS1021-ucc-uart-giving-kernel-panic/m-p/1175102/h...

Did you test UART using this QE ucode?

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You driver should contains code for switching between Fast and slow protocols. It requires from QE hardware. Use recommendations from the QEIWRM.

0 Kudos

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Is the Switching steps same for all processors? Can you give the steps to be followed for switching protocols in LS1021? How to send PushSched command in LS1021? 

Also, in which file should we do this switching steps implementation? 

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have looked our examples and BSP files.

There is no example for protocol switching.

It looks like it should be your code using QEIRM.

0 Kudos

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. I am closing this for now. Do you have any idea where we will add this switching steps ?

0 Kudos

m_syed_ahmed
Contributor III

I tested with the QE code given by yipingwang. It was not transmitting after 1st instance. But after sometime, it works fine. And HDLC Tx packets as well as Rx packets starts incrementing. So, UART and HDLC working fine in different ports.

Can you help me to get both of them in same port? QEIWRM describes about how to switch between Fast and slow protocols. But I needs to know, how to setup both fast and slow protocol in same port so that switching between them can happen?

0 Kudos