Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand alone JTAG programmer

Jump to solution
ajellisuk
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been using the flash programmer to program a small batch of boards fitted with an MPC8377, using the Codewarrior TAP (ethernet version) and an evaluation edition of Codewarrior. Unfortunately I don't have the budget to purchase the full version of Codewarrior IDE, so I am wondering if there is a standalone flash programmer that can be used with Codewarrior TAP, or at least an API that I could use to write my own programming application.

kind regards

Andrew

1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not aware of such standalone flash programmer for PowerQUICC in Freescale.

For budget control, you can purchase only the Basic level CodeWarrior, which is only $395 for annual subscription, it contains flash programmer.

See the price and features supported here: CodeWarrior Development Suites|Freescale

And the evaluation license you could extend at most twice.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not aware of such standalone flash programmer for PowerQUICC in Freescale.

For budget control, you can purchase only the Basic level CodeWarrior, which is only $395 for annual subscription, it contains flash programmer.

See the price and features supported here: CodeWarrior Development Suites|Freescale

And the evaluation license you could extend at most twice.

0 Kudos
ajellisuk
Contributor II

Hi,

I forgot to ask earlier, what happens when an annual subscription expires? Does Codewarrior stop working, or would I know longer be able to receive updates, but be able to continue using an old version?

Andrew

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The license expires after the subscription which requires renewal for continue using, which is also $395 with part number CWA-BASIC-R.

See below for how to:

Renewals for the annual subscription suite can be purchased on the Freescale web store, an authorized Freescale distributor or through expiration reminder e-mail.

If you wish to purchase your subscription renewal online through the Freescale web store

1. Log in at http://www.freescale.com using your registered email address and password
  2. Order the appropriated part number from the chart below.
    Suite LevelSupport Renewal Part Number
    ProfessionalCWA-PRO-R or DLA-PRO-R
    StandardCWA-STANDARD-R or DLA-STANDARD-R
    BasicCWA-BASIC-R or DLA-BASIC-R
  3. Click on the part number and move to “Sample and Buy” option. Scroll down to Ordering Information section and click in Buy direct.
  4. Complete the Shopping Basket process. Once you complete your purchasing process an Order Confirmation screen should appear.
  5. 5. On Order confirmation screen click on Register Product.
  6. You need to select the parent entitlement ID on which your maintenance renewal will apply.
  7. Once selected, registration confirmation screen will appear showing the new expiration date for your product.

Note: in case you do not have a valid parent ID to apply your maintenance you’ll get this message: You currently do not have an active entitlement to the required software necessary to register this software product. If you have already receive your subscription renewal code through your Freescale distributor do the following

1. 1. Enter to http://www.freescale.com/activation.
  2. Enter your maintenance renewal code.
  3. Select the parent entitlement to extend.
  4. Once selected, registration confirmation screen will appear showing the new expiration date for your product.

If you received an expiration reminder e-mail from Freescale.com. Click on the option to renew. This will add the maintenance renewal code to your shopping cart, from here do the following:

1. Complete the Shopping Basket process. Once you complete your purchasing process an Order confirmation screen should appear.
  2. On Order confirmation screen click on Register Product.
  3. You need to select the parent entitlement ID on which your maintenance renewal will apply.
  4. Once selected, registration confirmation screen will appear showing the new expiration date for your product.
andrewellis
Contributor III

Thank you for the information.

0 Kudos
ajellisuk
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I wasn't aware of the basic edition, but that will help.

Andrew

0 Kudos