cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8541EVTAPF

robert_twigg
Contributor I

HI there,

I am a technician who is looking to find a profile for installation and removal of P/N MPC8541EVTAPF in a BGA reflow machine, I cannot seem to find one anywhere online, our manufacturing department use a completely different method for installation so they are of no use.  Is there anywhere I can find out these temperature/time settings.

Regards

Rob.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

andrei_skok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP does not provide recommended reflow profiles for good soldering -- NXP recommends customers obtain best profiles from their solder paste vendors. The "reflow profiles" that NXP uses in stressing / qual are much higher in temperature and longer in duration than typically makes good solder joints. Our profiles are intended to STRESS the component and thus are worst-case conditions, not ideal conditions for soldering (profiles used for stressing, because of high temp and long times would tend to dry out flux compared with actual optimized profiles that a solder paste vendor would likely recommend).

MPC8541 has FC-PBGA package so the following presentation can be used for more infromation: (slides 23-25)
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/package-information/FC-PBGAPRES.pdf

Have a great day,
Andrei

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos