Linux Kernel Debugging Using USBTAP and Codewarrior Development studio( Classic IDE)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Kernel Debugging Using USBTAP and Codewarrior Development studio( Classic IDE)

ashishkhetan
Contributor II

addiyi

when I run the following command "source ./fsl-setup-poky -h" it shows the following ppc machines supported by this sdk -

Supported ppc machines: b4420qds-64b b4420qds b4860qds-64b b4860qds bsc9131rdb bsc9132qds p1010rdb p1020rdb p1021rdb p1022ds p1023rdb p1025twr p2020ds p2020rdb p2041rdb p3041ds p4080ds p5020ds-64b p5020ds p5040ds-64b p5040ds t4160qds-64b t4160qds t4240qds-64b t4240qds

It clearly shows it does not support MPC8641D machines. So how can I add support for mpc8641d machine in this sdk? or i have to use CodeWarrior IDE?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

8641D is not supported in SDK1.4, you have to use "Linux BSP for Freescale MPC8641" from MPC8641D: High-performance Dual Core Processor, as this is the latest official release.

Also, please note 8641D is supported in CodeWarrior 8.8 and for Kernel-level debugging, CodeWarrior Development Studio Linux Platform Edition is required.

Adrian

0 Kudos

ashishkhetan
Contributor II

I installed CodeWarrior Development Studio Linux Platform Edition Software in My ubuntu12.04 pc. I tried to set breakpoint at 0x0 but its not stopping there.

For achieving this I went through the following steps:

1. imported the vmlinux file in codewarrior.

2. set architecture related information i.e. Processor (mpc8641)

3. click debug->connect

4. set breakpoint at add 0x0

How to set breakpoint?

we are running u-boot on board. After booting u-boot, we applied the above steps, but its not stopping.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. check if your vmlinux has been built with debug symbols

2. go to uboot console

3. connect to the board using CW

4. set a hardware breakpoint to 0x0

5. from uboot console, start the linux

6. breakpoint must be hit

Adrian

0 Kudos

ashishkhetan
Contributor II

hi,

I followed the above steps and have the same problem.

I restarted again from begining and facing the same. can you please tell me the settings that i have to put in ide to configure it to stop at 0x0.

Here I am attaching a snapshot of the ide that I am using please find it useful and point me for the configuration. One more question Does this IDE support Latest Linux kernel ie linux 3.14?

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior V8.8, Platform Linux Edition supports 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernel version. Also, for the debug issue please check debug settings from Debug Project Settings -> Debugger -> Linux Kernel related settings.

Adrian

0 Kudos

ashishkhetan
Contributor II

Are "CodeWarrior Development Studio Linux Platform Edition"  and "CodeWarrior for Power Architecture, Linux Platform Edition (Linux)" same?

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Our "CodeWarrior Development Studio" supports a big number of different hardware architectures - MCUs, processors, DSPs atd etc.

"Linux Platform Edition" is a special edition of "CodeWarrior Development Studio", this edition is available for different processors - Coldfire and Power Architecture.

For MPC8641D processor you have to select "CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC (Classic IDE)"

CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerQUICC (Classic IDE)

At this page please click "Downloads" tab, expand "IDE - Debug, Compile and Build Tools (4)" and select

"CodeWarrior for Power Architecture, Linux Platform Edition (Linux) "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. PowerQUICC Processors ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos