cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why using a PF0100 instead PF3000?

massimo2
Contributor III

Hello
I'm just curious. In an application where power and voltages of pf3000 are enough...why shoulld i chose a pf0200 for a i.mx6 Solo? ( for example)

I'm not in hurry with a project, i'm just curious. I expect that a pf3000 with right OTP configuration should power a Solo processor.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you properly mentioned, power and voltages of PF3000 are enough to turn on the i.mx6 Solo, however, I would strongly recommend to use the PF0200 the main reason that this PMIC is already in the i.mx6 Solo BSP plus you can find it in the reference design: https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i.mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/sabre-board-for...

The reason of why NXP decided to use the PF0200/PF0100 for the i.MX6 Solo reference design is because the PF3000 was not launched when the i.MX6 Solo was launched. Plus the PF0200 it is a good PMIC to complete all the power requirements of this processor.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

massimo2
Contributor III

Thank you.
I already used it for ULL, that is why i asked. PF3000 is quite cheaper expecially if you buy large amount for multiple projects. However i will stay on pf0200 as recommended. (Time to market cleary wins against price differencees)

0 Kudos