Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR5510 restart when receive stdby request

Jump to solution
brian_w
Contributor III

Hi all,

I use vr5510 and s32g2.

The FS status is NORMAL_FS, the FLT_ERR_CNT is 0, and the Main state machine is in normal mode.

I config the STBY_TIMER_EN and TIMING_WINDOW_STDBY of vr5510 to zero. The standby watchdog of vr5510 is closed. The time limit of I2C request and STBY pin request is also closed.

Then I config the STBY_REQ to 1 and pull low the STBY pin.

After 100ms, VR5510 will pull down PGOOD, RESET_B and STBY_PGOOD.

This means vr5510 does not enter standby mode, but restart.

How should I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brian,

please note, that entering Standby mode is not possible in Debug mode. Please make sure that you are not in Debug mode. Either by connecting the VDDOTP to GND or writing DBG_EXIT bit = 1. To disable the Stanby timer it is sufficient to set the STBY_TIMER_EN to 0. By setting the TIMER_STBY_WINDOW [3:0] to 0x0000, you have set it to 16ms. Please try to set there some different value to see if the restart will happen again in 100ms or after longer time value. Please try e.g. 0x0110. This will set the TIMER_STBY_WINDOW [3:0] to 8192ms=8.2s. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

2 Replies
brian_w
Contributor III

Hi Jozef,

thanks for your kindly replay, I'll follow your suggestion and see the result.

thanks again.

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Brian,

please note, that entering Standby mode is not possible in Debug mode. Please make sure that you are not in Debug mode. Either by connecting the VDDOTP to GND or writing DBG_EXIT bit = 1. To disable the Stanby timer it is sufficient to set the STBY_TIMER_EN to 0. By setting the TIMER_STBY_WINDOW [3:0] to 0x0000, you have set it to 16ms. Please try to set there some different value to see if the restart will happen again in 100ms or after longer time value. Please try e.g. 0x0110. This will set the TIMER_STBY_WINDOW [3:0] to 8192ms=8.2s. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef