Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR5510 Standby mode entry

Jump to solution
leo_liu2
Contributor III

Hi all,

Recently,i am trying to make the VR5510 and S32G enter the Standby mode.According to the AN12952 and AN12880,the following two steps were performed:

(1)I send a enter standby mode command to the VR5510 through IIC by calling the Pmic_Ipw_SetMode() function firstly.

(2)And then,i pull down the PMIC_STBY_MODE_B pin by calling the Power_Ip_SetMode().

After finishing the step mention above,i found that the SOC do not enter standby mode but reset repetitive.Is there any wrong i have do or any step i have miss?The purpose i want is to let the SOC(S32G-VNP-RDB2)  and VR5510 enter standby mode.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Huawei,

please refer to the section 5.4.1.2 in the AM12880. I see you want to use the Safe transition mode, the I2C bus command and the STBY pin. For this case, please make sure, that you have set the bits 4 and 5 in the CFG_2_OTP register. The STBY_SAFE_DIS_OTP bit must be set to logic 0 and the STBY_WINDOW_EN_OTP must be enabled.

JozefKozon_0-1665728922235.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Huawei,

please refer to the section 5.4.1.2 in the AM12880. I see you want to use the Safe transition mode, the I2C bus command and the STBY pin. For this case, please make sure, that you have set the bits 4 and 5 in the CFG_2_OTP register. The STBY_SAFE_DIS_OTP bit must be set to logic 0 and the STBY_WINDOW_EN_OTP must be enabled.

JozefKozon_0-1665728922235.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
leo_liu2
Contributor III

Hi Jozef,

My problam has been solved,thanks for your reply!

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Huawei,

you are very welcome. I am glad, that your issue is solved.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos