Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPF0100 Pre-programmed OTP configuration F0 to FD

Jump to solution
johnpeter
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am wondering about the pre-programmed OTG configurations of MMPF0100. The configurations mentioned on page 18 of the datasheet are from F0 to FD. 

If I order MMPF0100 with a particular pre-programmed OTG configurations then do I still need a programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) to enable and use MMPF0100 in a circuit board ? 

Let's suppose I also buy a programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) together with some MMPF0100, then can I re-program and load a new OTG configuration in MMPF0100 which have already some pre-programmed OTG configuration ?    

Can I re-program the internal OTG configuration more then one time using programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

1. No. The pre-programmed parts will start-up with their OTP configuration as shown in Table 10 of the MMPF0100 datasheet.

2. Unfortunately, it is not possible to OTP re-program the programmed parts, but you can modify registers value by I2C under the TBB mode.

In TBB mode (TBB_POR = 1), you can “program” the PMIC by setting the internal RAM with the required values, but VIN must be valid all the time to maintain the new values.

To power on with the contents of the internal RAM, the following conditions must exist:

• VIN is valid
  • TBB_POR = 1 and there is a valid turn-on event via the PWRON pin.

Please refer to the datasheet (Section 6.1.3 - OTP prototyping) for more information.

3. The OTP is one time programmable only.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
johnpeter
Contributor I

Hi, 

In the pre-programmed device, what we can change through modifying registers by I2C ? I guess the programmer (KITPFPGMEVME) has I2C communication interface.

Can I change the output voltages of SW1, SW2, SW3, and SW4 if I have the pre-programmed OTP version of MMPF0100 ? 

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

The OTP allows to store the required start-up configuration.

Of course it is possible to change the output voltage of SWx by writing to the corresponding registers using I2C:

Dynamic voltage scaling.JPG

Take a look at the Register map  (Table 136. Functional page) for all registers/bits you can change by your MCU using the I2C interface.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

1. No. The pre-programmed parts will start-up with their OTP configuration as shown in Table 10 of the MMPF0100 datasheet.

2. Unfortunately, it is not possible to OTP re-program the programmed parts, but you can modify registers value by I2C under the TBB mode.

In TBB mode (TBB_POR = 1), you can “program” the PMIC by setting the internal RAM with the required values, but VIN must be valid all the time to maintain the new values.

To power on with the contents of the internal RAM, the following conditions must exist:

• VIN is valid
  • TBB_POR = 1 and there is a valid turn-on event via the PWRON pin.

Please refer to the datasheet (Section 6.1.3 - OTP prototyping) for more information.

3. The OTP is one time programmable only.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
johnpeter
Contributor I

I still have several questions.

Section 6.1:  “The PF0100 can be configured to start-up from either the internal OTP configuration, or with a hard-coded configuration built into the device”

I believe that the internal OTP configuration and the hard-coded configuration both set the output voltage of Buck Regulators. The PF0100 can be started either by internal OTP configuration or by hard-coded configuration, right ?

The user can program the OTP configuration if a user have non-programmed (NP) device, right ?

How about if a user have got either a wrong OTP programmed device (F0 to FD) of himself have programmed wrongly the NP device and there is no possibility to change OTP as it is only one time programable then how to change the output voltage of Buck Regulators ? Is that still possible ? is it possible to start up the device using “hard-coded configuration” ? Is the “hard-coded configuration” reprogrammable ?  

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

1. As described in the datasheet, the internal hard-coded configuration is enabled by connecting the VDDOTP pin to VCOREDIG through a 100K resistor. The OTP configuration is enabled by connecting VDDOTP to GND.

Table 10 (Start-up configuration) shows the hard-coded configuration as well as the pre-programmed OTP configurations.

The parameters which can be configured by OTP are:

• General: I2C slave address, PWRON pin configuration, start-up sequence and timing
  • Buck regulators: Output voltage, dual/single phase or independent mode configuration, switching frequency, and soft start ramp rate
  • Boost regulator and LDOs: Output voltage.

2. Yes, the non-programmed version (NP) allows custom programming using the KITPF0100SKTEVBE and KITPFPGMEVME.

3. The output voltage of Buck regulators can be changed by I2C as I wrote earlier.

Yes, to start up the device with the hard-coded configuration, connect the VDDOTP pin to VCOREDIG through a 100K resistor.

No, the hard-coded configuration is not reprogrammable.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos