Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33771B NTC Thermistor Input Filter

Jump to solution
jriley
Contributor II

Hello,

I am reviewing the component sizing for the MC3371B NTC thermistor input filters, following the MC3311B datasheet, section 13.2.5.  When I use the provided component values from Table 99 with the equations 17-20 to find the signal cutoff frequency, I find the bandwidth result to be much larger than the bandwidth calculated for the cell voltage measurements.

Temperature signal cutoff frequency calculation:

pastedImage_1.png

Cell voltage signal cutoff frequency calculation:

pastedImage_2.png

The datasheet notes that these bandwidths should be equal.  Is there a problem with my calculations or the values I am using?

Thanks,

Jess

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jess,

Your calculated result is okay.

Actually, there is no relationship between the bandwidth of the cell voltage channel and that of the temperature channel. The latter is kept much greater than it would be needed only for readiness reasons (when temporarily exiting the sleep mode to perform a temperature measurement). 

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jess,

Your calculated result is okay.

Actually, there is no relationship between the bandwidth of the cell voltage channel and that of the temperature channel. The latter is kept much greater than it would be needed only for readiness reasons (when temporarily exiting the sleep mode to perform a temperature measurement). 

Have a great day,
Jose

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos