cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5189 Power down

matthew3
Contributor III

Good afternoon,

I have had a PCB board made with the JN5189 MCU on it. I have the board setup to read a sensor through an ADC channel. I have had another PCB board that attaches to the other board which as an op amp on for the sensor attached and aso the capability to run off a 3.7v rechargable battery. What i am struggling with is making the PCB board with the JN5189 on go to sleep so that i can save battery life. I want to be able to send my device to sleep at least 4 times throughout a 24Hr period. I have looked at the powerdown demo that comes with the SDK. I am running SDK 2.6.2.

Any help would be much apprieciated.

Regards

Matt

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matthew,

Just to confirm, you are using a custom board, is this correct? If so, could you please confirm that you followed these guides for your hardware design?
JN5189-Power Consumption
JN5189 modules development reference manual

Could you please help us providing more details about the problem you are facing?

As you mentioned, you can take a look at the powerdown_demo project, inside the J5189 SDK, and use it as a base to develop your application. More information on power management can be found in the JN5189 User Manual (UM11138), Chapter 5: Power Management.

Also, we recommend to update your SDK version. A newer version is available in the MCUXpresso SDK Builder.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos