FS85 STANDBY MODE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS85 STANDBY MODE

XiaoZhangyu
Contributor I

Can FS85 maintain in the STANDBY  mode for a certain priod of time, and then is waked up by an external source? In the MAIN State Machine Diagram, when wake1=1 or wake2=1 FS85 powers up immediately, it seems that FS85 can't stay in STANDBY mode all the time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

FS85 can be waked up in power-down mode even if VBOS is off.  So I think it is ok for you to use power-down mode as the TLF35584 standby mode.

As far as we know, we have several customers using FS85 power AURIX  TC2xx or TC3xx and the systems work well. 

FS85 do not have HVLDO and all the regulators are off in standby mode or power down mode.

Do you know our VR5510 family SBC which  integrated with HVLDO?  The other regulators are very similar with FS85, but we still suggest to you to use FS8510 to power Aurix processors as most customer use this SBC to do that . 

0 Kudos

XiaoZhangyu
Contributor I

Hello EikaC,

That will be a tough situation.

We are planning to substitute the InfIneon TLF35584 with FS85, the TLF35584 stays in standby mode while it has a QST LDO used for system standby power and its other regulators are off. For this application, that means FS85 shall stay in power down mode and VBOS is off,so no extra LDO can be used. Does NXP have any solutions for this?

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you are correct, the state can not stop at standby mode, it will go to power down mode if WAKE1=WAKE2=0. Or it will power up again if WAKE1=1 or WAKE2=1.