FS4500 SBC Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS4500 SBC Configuration

rpv7
Contributor I

Hello all,can some body help me to configure FS4500 driver intialization and watchdog configuration?

How to handle fail safe mode?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please take a closer look at our AN5238 where you can find the recommended start-up SPI sequence (page 48).

There is also an example project created in the S32 Design Studio available at FS4500 | Fail Silent SBC up to 500mA|NXP.

I hope it helps!

Best regards,

Tomas

rpv7
Contributor I

Hello Thomas, thanks for the information.

Right now,I don't have access for s32 Studio.can you share the example project as an attachment here?

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot. You need to accept a click-through license before you can download it (MPC574xP-MC33FS65xx / MC33FS45xx Demo Code). 

As for the S32 Design Studio IDE, you can download it from S32 Design Studio IDE|NXP.

Best regards,

Tomas

phanendravarma_
Contributor II

thanks.Tomas Vaverka

I want to disable watchdog,for this i am configuring WD_WINDOW_3:0 = 0b0000 in Init phase and hope after first watchdog refresh watchdog will be disabled.

Is this the right way?or any other steps are missing?

If watchdog is disabled with above steps how to release FSx Pin?this pins can be released with First WD fresh?

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, the watchdog disable (WD_WINDOW_3:0 = 0b0000) is effective only when the INIT_FS phase is closed, so it requires at least one good watchdog refresh (0x4D when using a default LFSR value of 0xB2) within the 256 ms of the INIT_FS timeout.

Best regards,

Tomas

phanendravarma_
Contributor II

If watchdog is disabled with above steps how to release FS0B Pin?this pins can be released with First WD fresh?

0 Kudos