cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Balancing with External Mosfet Using MC3377x

Aozpay
Contributor II

Hello,

I am thinking to design my BMS application using MC3377x products but ı have questions about the cell-balancing features of these products. My questions are listed below.

1. Do these products have only internal balancing features? If the answer is yes, How many cells do ı use at the same time and if I balance all cells at the same time, does this device heats up? Are there some restrictions?
  2. Can I use external the MOSFET to balance for the more balancing current? Also, I want to use external MOSFET for safety applications. Because, if an external MOSFET is not working properly my system can continue, and also I can share heat dissipations on the different PCB regions. Am ı thinking right?

Best Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

monica123
Contributor II

Dear Jozef, 

I have signed the NDS. How Can I get the files for external balancing MOSFET?

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Aozpay,

it is possible to use external MOSFETs to increase Cell Balance capability of our BMS controllers. I have an example schematic with external MOSFESTs, unfortunately its confidential I am not allowed to share it publicly here in community. Please create a ticket or please contact a distributor AVNET. Their representative mentioned your company. I have shared the schematic with him.

With Best Regards,

Jozef 

0 Kudos