cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file system in qorIQ processors

Jump to solution
saurabhagarwal
Contributor III

I have Freescale Linux SDK v1.8 for QorIQ Processors that I am using to compile source images for p5040ds development system.

I want to create  root file system image (ramisk)

document says to use following commands.

bitbake <image-target>

what is image-target here ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello saurabh agarwal,

fsl-image-minimal: A Barebones Starting Point for Products.

It contains a small file set that allows Linux to boot and little else. It does not contain Freescale special SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc.

fsl-image-flash: A Small Flash Image for Managing Disks and Larger Images.

This is a small image that Freescale preprograms into the flash on development boards. It does not contain Freescale special SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc. On many boards, the image is stored in a NOR flash and is loaded into a RAM disk when Linux boots.

fsl-image-full: A Full-Featured Image.

This is a large image that contains many standard Linux commands and features including native (target-resident) versions of the GNU tools including gcc and gdb. It contains all of the special Freescale SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc.

fsl-image-core: A Small Image with Freescale-Specific Packages Present

This is a small image somewhat like “fsl-image-minimal” except It contains all of the Freescale-specific SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc.

fsl-image-virt: An image for KVM deployment

This is an image which contains the specific packages needed to enable virtualization.

Users often use "bitbake fsl-image-core" for common usage.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello saurabh agarwal,

fsl-image-minimal: A Barebones Starting Point for Products.

It contains a small file set that allows Linux to boot and little else. It does not contain Freescale special SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc.

fsl-image-flash: A Small Flash Image for Managing Disks and Larger Images.

This is a small image that Freescale preprograms into the flash on development boards. It does not contain Freescale special SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc. On many boards, the image is stored in a NOR flash and is loaded into a RAM disk when Linux boots.

fsl-image-full: A Full-Featured Image.

This is a large image that contains many standard Linux commands and features including native (target-resident) versions of the GNU tools including gcc and gdb. It contains all of the special Freescale SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc.

fsl-image-core: A Small Image with Freescale-Specific Packages Present

This is a small image somewhat like “fsl-image-minimal” except It contains all of the Freescale-specific SDK packages such as USDPAA, etc.

fsl-image-virt: An image for KVM deployment

This is an image which contains the specific packages needed to enable virtualization.

Users often use "bitbake fsl-image-core" for common usage.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please find images in the folder build_<platform>_release/tmp/deploy/images/.

Thanks,

Yiping

saurabhagarwal
Contributor III

Thanks Yiping,

please also check my updated query.

0 Kudos
saurabhagarwal
Contributor III

i have some further queries.

I did run this command. Where can i find created image ?

I was reading FAQ about adding pre built binaries in file system. It says to rebuild file system run this command.

$ bitbake <rootfs-target>

Is rootfs-target same as image-target ?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, "rootfs-target" is what I mentioned previously.

Adding pre-built binaries is done through package "merge-files", this package is included in these type rootfs images by default except fsl-image-minimal.

I you want to use add pre-built binaries in the minimal image, please also add "merge-files" in the variable IMAGE_INSTALL in meta-fsl-networking/images/fsl-image-minimal.bb.

Thanks,

Yiping