cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4080DS NOR FLASH RELATIVE ADRESSING

yyurtcan
Contributor III

Hi,

I have question about nor flash relative adressing. For example when I want to boot p4080ds from nor flash bank 1, I need to set SW 7[0100XXXX] then load RCW and uboot. Basically I want to using direct addressing not related addressing which means when I want to  boot p4080ds from nor flash bank 1, I do not need to change SW 7 from [0000XXXX] to [0100XXXX]. Is this possible?

Best regards.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

It is impossible without hardware changing. The Flash address inputs A23–A25 are not connected to the P4080 local bus addresses A7-A5 directly on the P4080DS. The “address toggle” feature by SW7 is implemented by multistaged XOR gate which adds ngPIXIS signals defined by SW7 and P4080’s A7-A5. See details in section “Local bus” of the P4080 Development System User’s Guide.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------