cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P4080 Dropping Ethernet Packet

Goker
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am in trouble with a problem. p4080ds platfrom is brougth up normally and can ping my host PC. However, it starts to dropped ethernet packet at dTSEC after high rate UDP packet traffic and then Receive Dropped Packet Counter(RDRP) register increases. This register says that packets are streamed but dropped due to lack of system resources. I check necessary system configurations on QorlQ DPAA RM but all of them seems correct for me. Any ideas.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Goker
Contributor I

We do not use Linux in our project. We work on our custom OS. I have different clues about the problem. Only rx port of the dTSEC does not work, tx port of the dTSEC can still work. Besides, while fmbm_rtuc and fmbm_rrquc registers increases monotically, fmbm_rduc register of the rx port halts. Moreover, fmdm_tal and fmdm_tcid registers halts. In the DPAA RM, this situation is related with bus error of Fman DMA. Fman DMA of P4080 does not have buffer for DMA. I found these informations but i cannot turns them into a solution. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which version SDK are your using now?

Please check whether this problem is caused by Linux Kernel configuration.

I attached uImage and dtb files from QorIQ Linux SDK 2.0 pre-build image ISO, please boot up your P4080DS with the attached images and check whether the packets dropping problem exists.

0 Kudos