cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1012 HDLC microcode

Jump to solution
guxg
Contributor I

Hello everyone, now I use P1012 platform. I want to set ucc1,ucc3,ucc5, ucc7 to HDLC mode but I'm not sure whether it  need adapt microcode. If so, how do I get the firmware. thanks!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

You do  not need adapt the microcode.

The P1012 QE requires for the downloadable microcode. I guess you already have the microcode and can download it. In any case you can read app. note AN3946 “Downloading Microcode On QUICC Engine™ Block-Enabled Devices” in order to know where to get the microcode and how to download it. This app. note available on the NXP site

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/power-architecture-processors/qoriq-powe...

The original microcode for the P1012 had supported HDLC already. How to configure UCC for HDLC on the P1021/P1012 is described in the QUICC Engine Block Reference Manual with Protocol Interworking, Rev. 7 which also available on the same web page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

You do  not need adapt the microcode.

The P1012 QE requires for the downloadable microcode. I guess you already have the microcode and can download it. In any case you can read app. note AN3946 “Downloading Microcode On QUICC Engine™ Block-Enabled Devices” in order to know where to get the microcode and how to download it. This app. note available on the NXP site

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/power-architecture-processors/qoriq-powe...

The original microcode for the P1012 had supported HDLC already. How to configure UCC for HDLC on the P1021/P1012 is described in the QUICC Engine Block Reference Manual with Protocol Interworking, Rev. 7 which also available on the same web page.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
guxg
Contributor I

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos