Java programs not running on TQMP2020

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java programs not running on TQMP2020

mikegreenge
Contributor I

I have set up a TQMP2020 to boot from SD card using the files on here: en:power:tqmp2020:linux [TQ Support Wiki]

The P2020 boots and I am able to browse the file system and do other operations successfully. However I have been so far unsuccessful in launching java programs successfully.

I have downloaded the embedded Java which i assume is compatible with the P2020 (ppc e500v2 ejre) and it has been placed on the file system and the PATH variable edited to point to the bin folder. I have also tried symlinking the java binary to the bin directory.

When I run

java

It simply hangs. No output will appear no matter how long the program is ran for. The same occurs if I am to run the command with a compiled class file e.g.

java HelloWorld

In an effort to troubleshoot the cause of the hang, I found the following when debugging the JVM:

When running “./java –version” it will hang for ever, it spawns ~3 threads

Running a stack trace on those threads I found that 2 are hanging on this call:
“futex(0x10064b44, FUTEX_WAIT, 3, NULL)”

And the other thread is looping on a seg fault:

“rt_sigreturn(0x1) = 1208935148

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault^Cntation fault) @ 0 (0) ---

Does anybody here have experience with using Java on this system and could offer advice or suggestions which may help solve this issue?

Thank you,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 3.2.10 of the QorIQ SDK 1.9 Info Center RevA:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/QorIQ-SDK-1.9-IC-RevA.zip?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=...

This Section is available in the attachment.

See also the following page:

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/QorIQ_SDK_1.9/GUID-64851DA1-16C0-4814-9E...

There are at least for known vendors of Java machines for Power architecture:
Qracle, Apogee (www.apogee.com), IS2T (www.is2t.com), SAP (www.sap.com)
Contact these companies for their product details.

Have a great day,
Pavel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos